12.08.2011

Aurora Borealis

I've always wanted to see the Northern Lights, and it is on my "life list" to do before I'm 35.  Patrick has been lucky enough to experience the phenomenon while canoeing in Canada as a kid, but I've never travelled far enough to the North.  Then I saw this on Re-nest.com today and thought it looked like a romantic getaway for those who don't mind the cold and snow (like us!).

The Igloo Village at Hotel Kakslauttanen

The glass igloos let you sleep under the Northern Lights while staying warm.  The special thermal glass keeps you warm without getting frosted.





It would also be a great trip for kids at Christmas to visit the "real" Santa's North Pole since I think Santa's Resort is Finland's version of Disney Land.  Cute idea for those who still believe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...